EducationUniversity of Florida
***Masters in Business Administration
-Concentration: Finance/Supply Chain/Strategy
-VP of Internal Relations, MBA Finance Club; VP of Internal Relations, Big Data Club; UF MBA Ambassador
***Civil Engineering- 3.84 GPA (Graduated)
-Graduated cum laude; Core Civil Engineering GPA: 3.84; Chi Epsilon / Tau Beta Pi for academic performance
-Vice President, The American Concrete Institute at UF; Officer of the Engineering Board, The American Society of Civil Engineers at UF; Officer, The Florida Structural Engineering Association at UF
-Undergraduate Research Assistant- Pipe deflection due to increasing overburden stress; Co-Author of The University of Florida Soil Mechanics Manual
ExperienceCollege Professor at Indian River State College since 2016
Tutoring- 8 years experience
SAT- 1410 or 2150 with writing portion
EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION HOUSTON, TX
Conducted detailed analysis to support the development and execution of a corporate restructuring plan that resulted in $100M initial annual benefit across 30+ operating companies incorporated across 7+ countries.
• Constructed restructuring database to clarify all related restructuring events for additions / dissolutions within the corporate structure. Provided accounting, legal, tax, and investment templates to assist with future restructuring.
• Provided guidance to business groups across four countries in corporate structure policy, clearly identified roles and responsibilities, and tested / recommended controls in the investment / capitalization process.
• Created clear and concise explanation of the corporate restructure for upper management to review, identifying additional complexities involved with obtaining multimillion dollar benefits.
AJAX BUILDING CORPORATION GAINESVILLE, FL
Project Engineering Intern
Conducted financial analysis and coordinated execution of multiple subcontracted projects for the construction of the new $20M, 57,000 sq ft College of Business building, involving over 250 tradesmen and laborers.
• Developed Excel-based tool to calculate the financial impact of subcontractors’ procurement and scheduling errors. Analyzed master schedule and contracts to map the deliverable dependences across 17 different contractors and calculate labor / material rates. Integrated data into Excel, forecasting impact ($300K+), and notified Presidents / Owners of potential gaps. Analysis to be used to collect penalties if project not completed on schedule.
• Oversaw the execution of deliverables to address gaps in inspection checklists (e.g., misplaced valves, improper insulation), a role typically executed by the Superintendent. Directed 17 Subcontracting Supervisors (overseeing 150+ tradesmen / laborers) to correct issues, personally inspecting work to ensure quality and timeliness. Removed 80% of outstanding issue list in just 3 weeks, substantially exceeding management expectations.
WHARTON-SMITH, INC. PALM CITY, FL
Project Engineering Intern
Executed analytical and operational deliverables for several multi-million dollar projects within a $200M construction management firm. Assessed financial, scheduling, scope of work, and quality control components, identifying opportunities to correct issues and optimize resources.
• Generated financial estimates for three infrastructure projects with budgets ranging from $4M – 12M. Analyzed specifications and collected over 120 bids across all three projects. Created projection models (Excel) to forecast labor and material costs and presented plans to Manager / Partner.
• Investigated drivers of a cost overrun within a municipal improvement project. Developed Excel model to analyze 12 months of financial statements from three subcontractors, identifying $21K in overcharges.
• Recommended alternative construction materials for a $1.2M sewage project that cut plaster work costs by more than 85% while still meeting client specifications.
MILTON ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS STUART, FL
Project Engineering Intern
Inspected and forensically analyzed structures subjected to fire, storm, settlement, and flawed-construction damages. Prepared detailed reports with AutoCAD drawings used to defend against a $20M fraudulent insurance claim (arson).
2010-2011 F & D Wilberding STUART, FL
Assistant to the Project Manager and Superintendent
Supported execution of construction projections for upscale custom residential houses ($500K-$9M). Developed basic skills in carpentry, mechanics, and concrete work.
Intramural / Club Sports: Swimming (50 & 100 Meter Freestyle) – team ranked 2nd in U.S. National Club Swim Meet; Brazilian Jiu Jitsu; Handball – team ranked 3rd nationally
Certifications: Captain’s License (sub 40-foot boats); Lifeguard
Very understanding and helpful attitude
Able to explain complex ideas in an easily understood way
Happy to help people excel in schooling
10th Grade, 10th Grade math, 10th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Writing, 11th Grade, 11th Grade math, 11th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Writing, 12th Grade, 12th Grade math, 12th Grade Reading, 12th Grade Writing, 1st Grade, 1st Grade math, 1st Grade Reading, 1st Grade Writing, 2nd Grade, 2nd Grade math, 2nd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade Writing, 3rd Grade, 3rd Grade math, 3rd Grade Reading, 3rd Grade Science, 3rd Grade Writing, 4th Grade, 4th Grade math, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade Science, 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade, 5th Grade math, 5th Grade Reading, 5th Grade Science, 5th Grade Writing, 6th Grade, 6th Grade math, 6th Grade Reading, 6th Grade Science, 6th Grade Writing, 7th Grade, 7th Grade math, 7th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Science, 7th Grade Writing, 8th Grade, 8th Grade math, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Science, 8th Grade Writing, 9th Grade, 9th Grade math, 9th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Writing, Advanced Placement, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4, AP Calculus AB, American History, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP Physics 1, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP United States History, AP US Government, AP US History, AP World History, Applied Mathematics, Business, Business Statistics, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, College Algebra, Cost Analysis, Engineering, Environmental Science, European History, Human Geography, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Marine Biology, Math, Math, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, SAT Math, SAT Mathematics, Science, Statics, Statistics, Structural Engineering, US History, Vocabulary, World History
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.