Richmond, VA, 23231
Joined on April, 2014
Weekdays after 2PM
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
Education- B.A. Wheaton College (Illinois), Magna Cum Laude, 2011
- Major: interdisciplinary, combining English, communications, and sociology with a thesis on the relationship between storytelling and social action
- Masters classes in creative writing from Bar-Ilan University
ExperienceI am energized by working with students to develop their personal voice, learning what motivates them, and helping them to express themselves clearly and persuasively.
Writing Consultant at Wheaton College Writing Center:
• Empowered students to write clearly and persuasively, helping them to read their own work with a critical eye for revision.
• Engaged in the Socratic method in consultations to develop students’ writing skills.
• Built relationships with regular students and identified characteristic writing weaknesses.
• Counseled ESL students to aid in English articulation and argument formatting.
• Was trained in citation formatting, grammar, and line editing.
Teacher's Assistant at Wheaton College Interdisciplinary Studies Program:
• Mentored students through the competitive interdisciplinary studies program application process, helped them revise their persuasive essays, marketed, represented, and conducted research for the department.
Relevant classes: Masters level writing courses at the Shaindy Rudoff Graduate Writing Program (2012-2013): Creative Writing Workshops I, II, and III, Creative Non-fiction; Wheaton College Discursive Writing, Fiction Writing, Modern European Literature, Rhetorical Theory; AP Literature, AP Writing and Composition, AP US History, AP Art (2-D Design), AP Art History, SAT General, SAT II Modern Hebrew, Advanced Video Production, Maine Media Workshops New Filmmaker's Work-study Program, Model United Nations Undersecretary General, Committee Chair and Mediator; GRE (as of July 2014)
I am proficient in written and spoken Modern Hebrew as I grew up living in Israel a cumulative amount of over ten years.
HobbiesBeyond tutoring, I have worked extensively in media production internationally. My hobbies and interests include writing, literature, photography, graphic design, travel, poetry, filmmaking, acting, communications, argument and reconciliation, sociology, storytelling, marketing, running, and kayaking.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.